Friday, August 8, 2014

The life change


A coworker of mine was making her daily trip to the post office when she slipped on some ice, fell badly on her ankle, resulting in a horrible break. A simple trip to the post office led to being off her feet for a few months. 

Given a choice, none of us would go for a dramatic life change. I’m a routine kind of gal. Yea, I don’t mind doing off the wall stuff sometimes. I’ve tried new things. I love new adventures. But hey, I chose to do so. 

It’s just when it’s not of my choosing that I start having issues. 

Joseph’s life was shook up dramatically, wouldn’t you say? He was going to check up on his brothers and ends up almost dead. 

Traveling with the caravan to Egypt, Joseph had no clue where this journey would end up. A part of Egyptian royalty? The man who saved a country and his people from severe drought? 

No this would not even be on his radar. Perhaps he felt his life is over at this point. Where was God in all of this?

Yet it is because of God’s hand on his life that he does have an awesome ending. We might be in awful circumstances, treated unfairly, in a journey not of our choosing. But because of our God, because of His hand in our life, this journey will end in our favor and for the good of others.

Joseph thrived during his time as a servant, and even in the prison. Genesis 39:2 says “The Lord was with Joseph and he prospered.” verse 21, “The Lord was with him...and granted him favor”.

So much so even his master and the jailer took notice. God never left him. 

Even in the midst of ugliness, of unfairness, of change; I don’t have to be ugly. I don’t have to be in despair. Because my story isn’t over. I will thrive, because of His hand on my life. I can be a blessing to those around me. 

I leave you today with this scripture in Isaiah 43. Hope it encourages you as much as it does me. 

But now, this is what the LORD says-- he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment