Monday, August 17, 2015

I don't have a Clue!



Have you ever felt in your encounters with people that you just didn’t have a clue?  Afterwords, did you regret something you said, or wished you reacted another way? 

I’ve been there many times. I feel so ineffective sometimes. I can’t see beyond my own nose, my own heart deceives me at times. I’m not so quick on my feet when it comes to communicating. I guess a lot of that is because I am an introvert. To enter a room like a boss and win you over with my sparkly, bubbly personality is just not me. I’m more the one who enjoys the intimate one on one deep conservations. 

So now you know why I love writing so much.

Anyway, I’ve been studying in 1 Kings lately about King Solomon and wisdom. Solomon had just become King and in a dream God asked him, What do you want me to give you? 

Wow what a question huh? Oh the possibilities! But what an answer Solomon gives. 

He says, These are not my people, but Yours. 

I am not able to govern Your people. Give me a discerning heart. 

Of course God is so pleased at his answer that He gives him wisdom beyond measure. This is what I desperately need. 

I don’t know about you, but I need wisdom just to shop at Walmart sometimes! We are vice regents on this earth. We are His ambassadors (2 Corinthians 5:20). We represent Christ to the ones we rub shoulders with. 

It all begins with a discerning heart. A discerning heart means a hearing heart. A hearing heart to listen to the Source of all Wisdom, the Omniscient One, our Heavenly Father. 

He told Solomon to ask for whatever you want. In James 1:5 it says “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.”
And then one of my favorites, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3

We have His wisdom there for the asking. We need a discerning, hearing heart to hear the voice behind us saying, “this is the way, walk in it.”  Isaiah 30:21

There are hurting, empty people all around us who need Jesus. I think of the woman at the well that Jesus reached out to. She had been with many men and just couldn’t find her thirst sated. Jesus ministered so effectively to this woman. She was changed and transformed by His touch.

The same Spirit who raised Christ from the dead lives in us. Romans 8:11. Can I be an effective ambassador for Christ at my job, in Walmart, wherever? Can I get past all my insecurities and fear? Will I hear His still, small voice? 

This has been stirring in my spirit the past couple of weeks. I need His wisdom so badly. I blow it sometimes. Instead of trusting Him, I lean on my own understanding. But there are the times when I do seek His wisdom and I listen. I always stand amazed at what He does through me. 

I’m sure you can identify with my thoughts. We all have our unique struggles. We don’t have it all together by any means. But I think the key here is that we are aware of our need for His wisdom and we ask for it. He never finds fault with us and will give us what we have need of. 

So this is my prayer this morning:

Heavenly Father, you said in your Word that I can ask for Your wisdom. Your Word tells me to call on You, and You will show me the great and unsearchable things I do not know. Solomon asked for a discerning, hearing heart so he would know how to govern Your people. 

Lord there are hurting seeking people that rub shoulders with me. Help me to hear from You. Help me to know how to reach them. You have given me Your Spirit. I am an ambassador for You. I’m leaning on You today and not on my own understanding. 

I am a weak vessel, a cracked pot, but You are strong. In You I can do all things. Help me to look beyond my own issues and struggles and lean on You. 

Lord, You are so beautiful and You are mine. I am so thankful for You and Your hand in my life. Bless and help those who are reading these words today. I pray they would be an effective ambassador for Christ, Amen. 


Link your blog to: Me, Coffee and Jesus
Mama Moments Monday
Words of Comfort
Testimony Tuesday
Intentional Tuesdays
Ra Ra Linkup
A Little R and R
Tell His Story
Unite
Coffee and Conversation
Thoughtful thursdays
Shine
Looking up
Grace and Truth
Weekend Brew
Still Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment