Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A New Years message for you



A year ago, I was slogging through some ugly emotions. Anger simmered within. I felt stuck in a job I was unhappy in. I had been praying for God to change my situation. Yet God didn’t exactly answer my prayers the way I expected. The year ahead didn’t hold much promise. As you can see I’m not sugarcoating my thoughts today. 

I know I appreciate it when people share their raw honest emotions with me. Oh, you feel this way too? You’re struggling with the same stuff? 

Where are you in your journey right now? Are you feeling stuck in a bad situation? Are you angry and hurt? Do you look ahead at this year without a glimmer of hope?  Sit down with me today. Can I encourage you? 

You know there have been times in my life when I have let the “Twisted Sister” out. Unfortunately most of the time it happens it’s not when I am blessedly alone if you know what I mean.

I really try to appear to have it all together. But truthfully I need Jesus so badly. Many, many times He has pulled me back from a pit or even out of one. I have fallen on my face at His feet so many times and each time He lavishes His grace on me. 

I share this, because last December I threw a fit and played the martyr. Woe is me, I have it so bad!  Gloom and despair! It was ugly. I didn’t like what I was seeing in the mirror. Yet it became a turning point for me.

Do I want to turn into a bitter woman? I would certainly morph into one if I continued on this path. 

So I let go, I forgave the one who treated me unjustly. I settled in my job and found contentment. I cultivated a deeper relationship with Jesus. This did not magically happen overnight. Nothing really does. But the outcome has been worthwhile.

This year has been a surprise. In other words, God did much more than I expected or imagined. I didn’t have much hope, remember. All my fears and dreads never materialized. 

If He can do this for me, He will certainly do it for you. He will turn that situation you feel “stuck” in, into a beautiful place. He will breathe life into those dry bones and revive you. 

Dear friend, you are at a turning point just as I was. You must let go of the angst and hurt. Lean into His beating heart, allow Him to hold you close. Let Him do His great work in your life. Don’t limit Him by your circumstances, emotions, etc... You can’t limit a God who created the universe. 

This coming year I guarantee you that God will surprise. This time next year, you will look in wonder at what He did in and through you. 

Bless you my friend. Happy New Year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment