Monday, November 17, 2014

The List



I recently read a article listing eight women men should never date. It was an entertaining read. It warned men to stay away from needy, wishy washy, critical, insecure, dramatic, etc. women. 

As I read this list, I could only think, wow! If my husband went by a list like this, he probably would never had married me. Maybe no one would have. In fact no one would have a chance at love if we went by this list. I mean who among us can say they never had any issues? 

But then a question came to my mind. What if our Heavenly Father had such a list? What if He had a list of unacceptables?  “Stay away from these people. They are unsavable, unlovable, a hopeless case. Not worth my time and effort.”

If you know the Father’s heart at all, you know this is not so. But sometimes we act like we are on a list like this. We walk around like we are unacceptable, unloved, forgotten and hopeless. 

If you feel as though your “issues” are preventing Jesus from loving you, I want to assure you that this is not the truth, no matter how you feel about yourself. 

I want to share with you another list. This is how Jesus feels about you:

*He has searched unceasingly for you, like a Shepherd searches for a lost sheep. He will not stop till He holds you. Luke 15:4-6

*He waited for you eagerly and ran to you when He saw you turning to Him. Luke 15:20

*He holds you firmly in His strong right arm. He will not let go and no one can snatch you out of His hand. John 10:28-29

*You are not a wasted project He’s sorry to have started. He will never toss you in a corner in frustration. He never stops molding and making you into a beautiful vessel. Phillipians 1:6

*He looks at your broken down walls, rubble and burnt out gates and sees something totally different. He is like Nehemiah, He will rebuild you. You will be whole and secure. People will look in amazement at what He does in you. 

*He does not treat us as our sins deserve, but as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our sins from us. Psalm 103:10-12

*You are a new creation, the old has gone, the new is here. You are not what you were. God has changed you into someone completely different. You have been transformed by the renewing of your mind. To God be the glory! 2 Corinthians 5:17

*You are blessed, holy and blameless. You are adopted as His daughter. You are redeemed and forgiven by the work of His blood. He has lavished His grace upon you. You are chosen and you sit with Him in the Heavenly realms. Ephesians 1

Now this is a list I can get into! Doesn’t it just expand your faith as you read it? It should, because it’s the truth of God’s word. His Word is powerful. 

But you know, sometimes I walk around with my head down and wonder how He could love and accept me, with all my issues? I don’t know why He does. I have to remind myself of the truth, review the list. 

I want to encourage you to review the list. Know what the truth is. Walk in boldness and freedom, eyes off yourself, knowing He does love you. He makes you sparkle and shine. 

You are beautiful, you are His daughter. And He will never stop loving you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment