Monday, November 3, 2014

Election Day



Tomorrow is election day and I’ll be so happy when it’s over. I get so tired of the political posturing and ads. But I want to talk about another election. 

In 2 Peter 1:10, it says, “Therefore my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble.” 

Do you walk in complete assurance that your Heavenly Father loves you and has saved you to the upmost? Or does doubt and fear torment you and keep you from this blessed assurance? 

As I pondered these things, I thought about marriage. I’ve been married for twenty seven years now. There have been rough spots and lean times. That comes with the territory, it’s life. 

I bear my husband’s name. I bore his son. We have a lifetime of memories together. We have sacrificed for each other. We’ve done life together. We truly are each other’s best friends. 

Now at the end of the day, I’m not mired in doubt about whether I’m married, or loved. Or if I truly love him. I am in complete assurance about these things. We have a history. I walk around in confidence that I belong to him and he belongs to me. Unless something drastic happens, that will never change. 

Now as wonderful as human love can be, it is human after all. So lets take this up a notch to our relationship with Jesus. 

Do you and Jesus have a history together? Has He proved faithful to you through the toughest times? Does He have your heart? Have you made every effort to grow in your relationship with Him. (2 Peter 1:5-9) 

If you can truly say yes to these things, then you have an assurance that can’t be taken away from you. You can lay down in peace tonight knowing Whose you are, and Whose name you bear. As it says in Romans 8, “Neither death or life, neither angels or demons, neither the present or future, nor any powers, neither height or depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”. 

Perhaps you have never fully given your heart to Him. Maybe you’ve pushed Him away. So you’ve never felt this assurance. 

You can start today on this journey with Jesus. You can walk in confidence and assurance that you are loved. This can be your election day! Choose a new start today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment