Monday, December 8, 2014

He has not forgotten.




I sat down to write this blog this morning and pondered how to start this off. I decided  just to be real with you. I love Christmas just as much as the next person, but it’s difficult to get into the Christmas season when you are going through a tough season yourself. I know I’m starting this off on a depressing note, but I personally know people who are really struggling. It just seems to double up on you this time of year. 

I myself have struggled because of various issues that our family is going through. But my Lord has gently reminded me that I am not alone in my struggles. He has always been beside me. 

I thought about Jonah who rebelled against God and ended at the bottom of the ocean in the belly of a whale. Talk about being alone and in despair. He brought all this trouble on himself. He deserved it. Yet there in the darkness, with the currents swirling around him, and the seaweed entwining his neck, he “called to the Lord, and He answered me.”

God had not forgotten him. “He brought him up from the pit.” 

Beloved, I know you feel alone in your troubles. Perhaps you even are in despair. Do you feel entrapped by your circumstances? I want to remind you that you are not alone. He has not forgotten you. 

How can He forget the one He loves so much? You are engraved on the palm of His hand. Listen to His gentle words today:

“There is no pit too deep I can’t reach. No darkness too overwhelming that I can’t alight with my presence. Even in the belly of the whale I heard the cry of Jonah. I hear your prayers, my beloved. 

I have not forgotten you. Nor have I abandoned you. I am the God who sees and who is able to bring you out. 

You only need to reach out to Me by faith. Grasp My hand and I will take you to a higher place. A spacious place with fresh air and green pastures where you can rest in Me.”

I hope this encourages you today. You know sometimes we just have to shut everything out and listen to that still, small voice. Enjoy His presence today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment