Monday, June 29, 2015

Ten Questions



My fellow blogger friend Ariella nominated me for the Liebster Award. It was a nice surprise. Ariella has posed some questions for me to answer. It looked like a fun thing to do. Also I thought I would give her some exposure. So check her out sometime just click here

1.What was the hardest thing you have ever done? Probably the day we drove my Mom up to Mayo clinic when she had a brain aneurysm. We weren't sure if she would live through it. It was removed, but she ended up disabled. 

2.Why are you blogging and how many times a week? I love to write, always have. I’ve kept journals, and wrote Bible studies and I even took a writing course. A year and a half ago, I was going through a tough season and I had so much to share. A year ago in July is when I started blogging. Just wanted to share what God was doing in my life. So glad I did. 
I post a encouraging blog every other Monday. Wednesdays, I post pictures that I have taken. Thursdays I post what I call Ramblings; light, funny writing that hopefully make you smile. 

3.What is your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Writing, reading, and spending time with friends and family. Outside:Flower and veggie gardening. Walking, traveling, and sitting on my porch. 

4.What sound do you love, i.e. Waterfall, wind...? Voice of a loved one on the phone, birdsong, spring peepers, babbling brook, and my favorite songs. 

5.If you knew Jesus was coming back next year, what would you change in your lifestyle? Probably pray more passionately for some loved ones who aren’t believers. To be honest, I wish Jesus would come back tomorrow. Nothing is holding me back here on this earth. I long to be with Him. 

6.If you have a half hour of time of free time, how would you spend that free time? Go outside and enjoy my flowers and eventually my porch.

7.What movie or book made you cry? I just recently watched “Saving Sarah Cain.” I cried. Great movie. Sophie Hudson’s book, “A Little Salty to cut the Sweet” made me laugh so hard I cried. I’m rereading it, loved it so much. You’ll love her blog “BooMama.” 

8.What is your favorite ice cream or cake? I wrote a blog about cake about a month ago. Chocolate cake is it for me. I love mint chocolate ice cream or anything that has chocolate in it. Hey I just love ice cream in any form, combined with cake? Ohh Baby! Ok, deep breath, focus on the next question...

9.What did you do and play as a child? I lived on a farm so I played outside all the time. I had a sandbox, a treehouse and a long lane I rode my bike on. Woods to roam in and a barn to play in. Even in the winter, I was outside sledding and building forts. 

10.What touches you deeply in the history of your country? I love history and enjoy reading and watching shows about past events and people who were courageous and who made an impact. Real history is much more interesting than fiction. 

I just want to thank all of you who have taken the time to read my blogs and for leaving encouraging comments. I’ve loved blogging this past year. I was tempted a few times to quit, but the Lord kept pouring good stuff in me to share. It’s been great to connect with some of you. What a blessing you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment