Friday, June 14, 2019

Drive the car


A kid is given the keys to a Cadillac on his eighth birthday. "Here you go son, now go drive it downtown!" 

Rather absurd isn't it? A eight year old kid is in no way capable of driving. 

But let's say he's given a superpower to drive it. And like Mario Andretti! People are just blown away by this kids awesome driving ability. 

The kid's head gets inflated. He flashes this gift all over. Struts around like he owns it. He eagerly takes in the worship and adoration. 

Take away the superpower though and you get what you see....an eight year old kid. 

I am that kid. I've been entrusted with gifts. Supernatural gifts. Empowered by the Spirit of God.

Me? Fallen, weak, imperfect, unable, prone to pride, prone to false humility...and so on and so forth. Given these gifts?? Entrusted by Almighty God? Crazy isn't it?

God what are you thinking? Why me? Yet...He knows what He's doing. He's the potter and I am the clay. Who am I to question His purpose?

These gifts are to serve and build others up. Draw unbelievers to Christ. 

How foolish it would be to get a big head about this. Yet neither am I to disqualify myself. "What if I fail?" "What if I do get prideful about it?" 

Silly questions in the light of day, yet I sometimes falter, hesitate when it comes to getting behind the wheel. Instead of driving the car and just enjoying the ride, going where He leads me; I won't even open the door. 

The One who gave me the gifts, equips me to use it. He is able to use me powerfully and effectively. His grace is sufficient for me. 

He's in the car with me, will He allow me to crash? I think not! Sure I may mess it up. But His grace is so much more powerful. Even to overcome my failings. 

Beloved, just get in the car, and drive it. He just wants a willing messenger. He will handle the rest. 

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7


#notesalongthejourney #encouragement #soulsisters

No comments:

Post a Comment