Thursday, June 6, 2019

Plans and hopes




"I know that when I come to you, I will come in the full measure of the blessing of Christ" Romans 15:29

I plan to do so...I hope to see you...I will go to Spain...

Paul had plans, hopes and dreams of going to Rome and eventually to Spain to further the gospel. He had no idea when he finally came to Rome it would be as a prisoner.

Trials, hardships, and shipwrecks lay ahead between his plans and reality.

"I know, I am sure." A bold statement. Yet, it's not a self confidence. It's a confidence in His God. It's based on the Divine promises. Past experiences of Divine faithfulness and imparted Grace.

Yet in spite of his plans being thwarted, hopes seemingly dashed, God used him more powerfully. His ministry more effective, reaching more.

Four Epistles of the Bible were written as a prisoner in Rome.

Two years he was free and believed to have gone to Spain after all.

"He proclaimed the Kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ-with all boldness and without hindrance." Acts 28:31

"Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God."  Carey

I've had dreams that didn't turn out quite the way I planned, but ended up much better, because God placed me where I can be more effectual and more powerful in ministry.

I have dreams and plans for the immediate future. I place those precious things in His hands,  stand back and watch Him work.

I've seen what He can do. I've stood in wonder at the work of His hands. But just like the boy with his lunch, I have to place it in His hands. He will take it, bless it and feed hungry hearts.

So dear one, go attempt great things for God. But also allow room for Him to do His work. Follow His leading. After all, He sees way ahead of you and knows what you don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment